After 17 years and greater than 63,000 passing yards, Philip Rivers is calling it a career.
Rivers, who began at quarterback for the Colts in 2020 after 16 seasons with the Chargers, introduced his retirement on Wednesday to Kevin Acee of The San Diego Tribune. Rivers ends his NFL run at No. 5 on each the all-time passing yards and all-time passing touchdowns lists and may count on a spot within the Professional Soccer Corridor of Fame.
Nevertheless it was by no means nearly statistics when Rivers took the sector. His GIF-worthy antics and G-rated trash talk made him one of the vital entertaining sports activities figures of the previous twenty years. The person would yell out a “dadgummit” simply as rapidly as he would hit a good finish down the seam. Simply terrific.
Now that Rivers has made it official, the one method to correctly rejoice his profession is by watching arguably one of the best mic’d up participant in NFL historical past do his factor.
A number of favorites …
- “Hey, Greg! You possibly can solely play with 11, Greg!”
- “We set you up with that one. … It is enjoyable when that stuff works.”
- “Rocket salami!”
- “You need to have thought it to throw it! What makes you alter your thoughts? I do not get it!”
- “Hey Ron! Ron! Ron! Third down?”
- “That is horrible, Ron! You understand it!”
- “You were not even shut to creating that play. You bought a hand on it.”
- “Aggravates the stew out of me.”
Better of luck in all of your future endeavors, dadgummit.